Thursday, November 10, 2011

Marie @ Black Cat Tattoo Studio

Today I am looking at another one of my favorite styles of art... tattoos. I came across Marie's gallery at Black Cat Tattoo Studio, which by the way also is an art gallery. She is self described as "The Man Eating Zombie Woman" which I thought was pretty funny, but her artwork really interested me.  

My favorite was this "Virgin Mary" piece. I always enjoy looking at the different depictions of this image. I love the color palette. The colors themselves are very cheerful, and have a good contrast between the warm and cool colors. The style of her hair is similar to what I use in my drawings/paintings. I also love the old school style heart.



I also liked this Lego pirate. As a kid I loved playing with Legos, so I guess it brought me back to my childhood. It cracks me up that he has a 5 o'clock shadow :) 

       
Lastly, I really liked this Japanese style Koi Fish. I've seen may koi fish tattoos, but I really liked this one because the fish was blue and the waves were gray scale. It really made the fish "pop" plus the artwork was amazing.

Check out Marie's gallery:
Black Cat Tattoo Studio
1111 Nuuanu Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96813
808-524-7580


No comments:

Post a Comment